Due to a long collaboration of Rolex and diving professionals, they decided to make a watch that divers could use. The name of the watch is Rolex Sea-Dweller. It is waterproof for up to 1200 meters below water.
Rolex Sea-Dweller launching was done over 50 years ago. The watch has a massive case and a helium escape valve that controls pressure in the case. If you are, a diver and you always find it hard to know the specific time I guarantee you this is the best.
The most recent Sea-Dweller is the 50th Anniversary. It is more different from other models of Rolex Sea-Dweller. Sea-Dweller 50th Anniversary has a steel case that is 43mm, and you can consider it as one of the biggest non-deep sea classical of Rolex.
For about five years from 2009-2014 Sea-Dwellers were not in the market. The new model came with some new features such as:
- Has a thin layer of platinum.
- Black Cerachrom unidirectional bezel.
The hour hand and indicators are full of a blue Chroma light lume constituents. If you are looking forward for deep sea diving you should consider purchasing this elegant watch to keep time. The latest version of Sea-Dweller is the Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000.
History of Rolex Sea-Dweller
For a while, many have been asking how Rolex Sea-Dweller came to existence. It took great minds and time to come up with this model. If you can remember for the after the Second World War diving became a leisure activity to most people. Hence, the sales of diving watches for civilians, military, and proficient divers.
The manufacture of the first dive watch was in 1954. It has the ability to resist water for only hundred meters below water. With the growing number of divers in the 1960, there was need for more production of diving watches and that could resist water for a more deep in the water.
A research by COMEX and Rolex later came up with the helium escape valve used in the recent model of sea-dweller. The first watch to have helium escape valve was submariner 5514 manufactured in 1967.
Rolex Sea Dweller Features
- The new Sea-Dweller’s strong connection Oyster arm jewelry in 904L steel is fitted with an Oysterlock wellbeing catch that forestalls incidental opening. Make a twofold augmentation framework enables changes in accordance with without the utilization of instruments, so the watch can be worn serenely finished a jumping suit up to 7 mm thick.
The Fliplock augmentation connect expands the arm jewelry by 26 mm, while the Rolex Glidelock framework permits fine modification of the wrist trinket length in 2 mm increases for a sum of roughly 20 mm.
- Movement and case back. Restricted to its kin the Rolex Submariner Date ref. 116610 and the Deep-sea Sea-Dweller, the 50th commemoration Sea-Dweller ref. 126600 is controlled by the Rolex programmed in-house gauge 3235 rather than the bore 3135. This new development altogether created and produced by Rolex is a standout amongst the most powerful and precise bores out there.
- The case. Fitted with a more vigorous case than its forerunners like the Submariner, the new Rolex Sea-Dweller ref. 126600 is fitted with a 904L stainless steel case estimating 43 mm in diameter. This case is one millimeter littler than that on the Deep sea Sea-Dweller 44 mm and substantially more slender as this watch accompanies a profundity rating in excess of three times lower. The case is additionally fitted with Helium Escape Valve working on this issue band at 9 o’clock and a triplock crown.
- The Dial. The Rolex Sea-Dweller 50th Anniversary ref. 126600 is fitted with a matte dark dial with red ‘Ocean Dweller’ composing at 6 o’clock. The way that the dial is matte and not gleaming, makes the watch reminiscent of the days of yore when matte dials were the standard. While numerous watch authorities and watch researchers griped about the Sea-Dweller being fitted with a Cyclops.
The Cyclops makes the watch more useful taking into consideration better lucidness of the date, yet it likewise influences the watch to look more like the amazing Red Submariner ref. 1680.
- Bezel. The Bezel is cerachrom graduated. The new Rolex Sea-Dweller 50th Anniversary ref. 126600 is fitted with a graduated dark monobloc cerachrom bezel with hash stamps all through the entire hour long scale.
First-off. The bezel is made of white zirconium dioxide powder and after that blended with shades that give it the coveted last shading for this situation dark. The subsequent glue is formed by a high-weight shaping machine that makes a clear dark bezel.
After a few firings at temperatures surpassing 1,500 degrees Celsius, the bezel solidifies and uncovers its last shading. A third step includes exactness machining utilizing precious stone apparatuses to cut the tachymetric scale and give the bezel its last shape and size.